If you want to build a freelance writing career, you’ll be pleased to know that there are unlimited writing jobs available. Almost anyone can make a full-time income rapidly. Let’s look at five steps which will help you to do that.
A quick search on Google for “freelance writing jobs” comes up with close to seven million results. There are numerous websites and online marketplaces where you can find freelance writing jobs. The problem is that in most of these sites, it is complicated to break through and become established. Most online buyers at these sites prefer to deal with established writers who have a track record evidenced by lengthy positive feedback ratings. Few buyers are willing to hire an unknown writer to develop their website content, write articles or Ebooks. Thus, for the novice who is just trying to make it as a writer, the task becomes daunting.
Freelance writing guides work allows you to work for yourself, whenever you want. You can work today, or you could relax all day and do some extra articles tomorrow. You could work at 7 a.m. or start at 2 p.m. or write from midnight to six in the morning. You take the writing jobs that you want, on the topics you are interested in and then write them when you want to as long as you complete them by the given deadline. So many people realize the benefits of starting a career in freelance writing. To become a renowned freelance writing expert takes a little bit of talent, but also requires you to be innovative in how you will be advertising yourself.
(In our next topic: plant based diet vs vegan)
Can you recall that back in the old days, almost everyone knew who the town experts were? It was merely a matter of strolling down the main road and looking for the sign that advertised the required goods or services. The very same thing applies today when it comes to advertising your services or talents as a freelance writer, and it is only the methodology that has changed. With modern communication like the Internet, email, online forums, social networking, etc, the small town has now become the global marketplace.
After you have overcome this initial challenge, you’ will now be ready to build your reputation and professionalism by engaging in some or preferably all of the following:
- Write a short ebook. In this way, you can indeed call yourself a published freelance writer, which will immediately boost your credibility. There are numerous online sites where you can self-publish for free and only pay a small commission on the download and sale of your product.
- Publish informative articles in journals and magazines. Ever wondered how other freelance writers get to be featured in magazines? Approach the editor as they are always on the lookout for new writing talent.
- Deliver speeches to local community groups. Use a topic that your article or book was based on and share the central ideas or themes with the community. Make it inspirational, and you will always have a winner.
- Grant interviews with local community reporters. There are more than enough reporters around that are hungry for sensational yet informative stories, especially if it comes directly from the neighborhood.
- Set up your blog or website. Use this as a platform from where you provide valuable information and guidance on freelance writing topics in general. Have a separate page however from where you detail and showcase your writing services.